As an Android Developer at Finger Food, you will work on bleeding-edge mobile apps and experiences. Our ideal candidate marries strong technical skills, a strong desire to own their work, and an eagerness to learn. The ability to collaborate in small teams to design, develop and deploy Android apps is essential to succeeding in our environment. We’re looking for Android developers of all experience levels who have worked on apps.
- Collaborate in small teams to design, develop and deploy high quality Android apps.
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively.
- Embrace new technologies and has an eagerness to learn.
- Use tools such as Android Studio, Git and JIRA.
- Work from our offices, or on-site with a client (as necessary).
- 4-year Computer Science or Engineering or Math degree (preferred), or equivalent experience.
- Developed and deployed one or more Android apps.
- Proficient in Java, and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Knowledge of common code architectural patterns and anti-patterns.
- Understanding of the Activity/Fragment lifecycles, and resource selection system.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of the Android design guidelines and established UX patterns.
- Familiarity with common third-party Android libraries.
- Proficient in Kotlin.
- Experience integrating web services and public APIs using JSON.
- Experience with React Native, iOS, or web development.
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.