Senior Character Animator
Finger Food has an opening for a character Animator within our Port Coquitlam Studio. The Animator will effectively collaborate with the design team and technical artists to help create jaw-dropping animations that align with the needs of the project.
This position will help create the art pipeline of the experience and act as an integral bridge between the technical and creative sides of app development. This opportunity is a contract position with a high chance of long-term extension.
- Rigging and animating 3D models and occasionally 2D assets
- Producing key-framed animations and editing motion capture
- Making characters and objects ‘app ready’
- Maintaining a high level of animation quality while working within design constraints and balancing performance issues
- Participating in the continual refinement of animation tools, problem solving, and production pipelines
- Collaboratively work with the design team, technical artist and project manager to ensure assets are implemented in a fashion which meets all quality and design parameters
- Create and implement special effects, animations, and assets by effectively utilizing in-house tools
- Assist in solving technical problems to ensure smooth, consistent experiences
- Consistently communicate with producers and artists to create and meet scheduled deadlines
- Follow stylistic guidelines for a high quality and consistent look and feel
- A Minimum of 5 years experience working as an animator in Video Games or a related industry
- Strong understanding of traditional animation theory, methods, techniques, and pipeline procedures
- Extensive knowledge of animating, rigging and skinning in Maya/3DS Max
- Proficient with Unity Engine
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An associated Bachelor degree
Nice to haves
- Experience in utilizing MotionBuilder
- A background in Traditional Art
- Proficiency in motion capture and clean up, considered a strong plus
Please submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.