At Finger Food, creative directors are the driving force behind the creative team, delivering excellence in the experiences we build. We’re a fast-moving, energetic technology solutions company, building products for a range of clients such as Lululemon, Lego, and Microsoft, just to mention a few. We’re looking for leaders to take us to the next level.
As a Creative Director at Finger Food you’ll combine outstanding design skills with a proven ability to motivate your team to deliver remarkable work. We’ll expect you to develop ground-breaking creative concepts and demonstrate razor-sharp problem-solving skills, while overseeing project design all the way through execution.
This is a big job. You’ll be jumping into projects from a wide array of international clients, working seamlessly across internal and external teams to achieve outstanding results. You will help lead the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative on AR/VR, mobile, and multi-platform projects. We need people who aren’t afraid see such massive undertakings in front of them and still say, “ We can do more here.”
- Manage day-to-day operations of a design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved.
- Oversee and provide daily management of the creative output of your team, including guiding design direction, interaction, and methodology.
- Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and personality of the team towards the needs of our customers.
- Run envisioning sessions with the client to craft the early stages of a project
- Help develop the culture and mindset of the design team
- Manage the performance and mentor the careers of your direct reports
- Participate in the creative role of new business pitches, proposal development, and project initiation
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables
- Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs
- Participate in recruiting and hiring digital designers
- Establish and nurture good client working relationships
- Participate in new business development activities
- At least 8 years professional digital design experience
- A diploma or degree in design or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior and intermediate digital designers
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across disciplines
- A distinct lack of prima donna tendencies
Please submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.