Finger Food is seeking an Industrial Integration Engineer to join our dynamic team of talented techies. Our ideal candidate has a diverse and experienced background in a range of industries, is a creative problem solver, and enjoys hands-on hardware work.
As an Industrial Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for the integration of industrial and computer systems for our clients from around the globe. Including system-level design and determination of how hardware integrates with custom developed software.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to push technological boundaries and take on the next challenge in their career!
- Responsible for defining, implementing, integrating, validation testing, installing and troubleshooting custom integrated hardware and software solutions.
- Gather and analyze data to determine system requirements.
- Satisfy the functional, physical and operational performance requirements as communicated by stakeholders, in the intended use environments over the planned life cycle of the system, within cost and schedule constraints.
- Develop work plans and estimates for industrial integration work.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend systems, equipment and technologies.
- Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents.
- Provide clients with post-installation and integration support through to mechanical design, algorithm development, and system validation.
- Interface with client’s external engineering teams.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Ability to visualize complex processes and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with and decipher highly technical data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of system and software engineering architecture principles, concepts, and best practices.
- Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints.
- Experience with 2 or more sensor technologies such as cameras, inertial measurement Units, 3D Scanners or GPS.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with the energy or resources industries.
- Experience with IOT/prototyping boards such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino or Particle.
- Experience with computer vision.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.