Industrial Integration Engineer
We’re on the hunt for a dynamic Industrial Integration Engineer who revels in pushing technical boundaries and wants to get away from the tedium of their current job. So, if you have a spark, a passion to solve complex problems, and are happy working with a diverse range of clients from all over the world, you might just be the perfect candidate!
We’re looking for an experienced Industrial Integration Engineer to join our dynamic talented team. The perfect candidate will be responsible for the integration of industrial and computer systems, including system-level design.
You’ll also be someone comfortable engaging in dialogue with our clients and the broader team of engineers. Great communication skills are critical for this role. With a background across a range of industries, the ideal candidate enjoys hands-on hardware work and can determine how to integrate hardware with custom developed software.
You’re going to hear a lot about Finger Food in the next few months, so get your name out there now, ahead of the competition.
- Responsible for defining, implementing, integrating, validation testing, installing and troubleshooting custom integrated hardware and software solutions.
- Gather and analyze data to determine system requirements.
- Satisfy the functional, physical and operational performance requirements as communicated by stakeholders, in the intended use environments over the planned life cycle of the system, within cost and schedule constraints.
- Develop work plans and estimates for industrial integration work.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend systems, equipment and technologies.
- Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents.
- Provide clients with post-installation and integration support through to mechanical design, algorithm development, and system validation.
- Interface with client’s external engineering teams.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Ability to visualize complex processes and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with and decipher highly technical data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of system and software engineering architecture principles, concepts, and best practices.
- Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints.
- Experience with 2 or more sensor technologies such as cameras, inertial measurement Units, 3D Scanners or GPS.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with the energy or resources industries.
- Experience with IOT/prototyping boards such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino or Particle.
- Experience with computer vision.
- Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter including your first and last name as the subject line.
- All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite.
- Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.