Now’s your chance to embark on an exciting new adventure and work with teams designing, developing and launching market-leading enterprise solutions. As a Java Developer with us, you’ll jump into fast-moving projects across a range of applications, tools, devices, and deployments.
Sounds like fun? If you can match strong technical skills with a passion and drive to take ownership of your work, you might just be the right fit. You’ll be someone who’s still happy to learn and thrives in a small team environment. We’re open to talk to developers of all experience levels, as long as the Java applications and tools skills are there!
- Collaborate in small teams to design, develop and deploy high quality enterprise solutions.
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively.
- Embrace new technology and be eager to learn.
- Use tools such as IntelliJ, JIRA, Git, Maven and SVN.
- Work from our offices, or on-site with a client (as necessary).
- Experience developing and maintaining Java solutions.
- Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- In-depth knowledge of the Java language and runtime.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- 4-Year Computer Science or Engineering degree (preferred), or equivalent experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience with large Java enterprise solutions.
- Cloud Native development experience utilizing Spring Boot and the Netflix Stack.
- Experience with ASP.NET and Visual Studio.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience building Windows or Android applications.
- Experience with healthcare software.
- Experience with CI/CD systems: Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- Experience with POSIX command line Linux and or OS X/BSD.
- Familiarity with a variety of database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Redis.
- Experience developing with various cloud offerings; AWS, Google Cloud, Cloud Foundry, Azure, etc, and their respective managed services (RDS, GKE, S3, etc)
- Container-based development/deployment experience (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, etc) as well as CI/CD pipelines for same.
- Event Driven application development utilizing RabbitMQ, Kafka, SNS/SQS
- DevOps experience; Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Bosh
- Testing in a microservices environment; service contract testing, etc.
- Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter including your first and last name as the subject line.
- This is a remote position. All candidates must be willing and able to work in a home office.
- Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.