As a Lead Mobile Applications Developer at Finger Food Studios, you will work on bleeding-edge mobile apps and experiences. Our ideal candidate marries strong technical skills, a strong desire to own their work, and an eagerness to learn. You live and breathe the ins and outs of iOS or Android. An ability to collaborate in small teams to design, develop and deploy mobile apps is essential to succeeding in our environment. We’re looking for Lead Mobile Developers who have commercial experience building complex, quality apps.
- Collaborate and lead small and medium sized teams to design, develop and deploy high quality apps.
- Interface with clients to present, collaborate, and build technical solutions.
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively.
- Embrace new technologies with an eagerness to learn.
- Use tools such as Xcode, Android Studio, Visual Studio Code, Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Travis.
- Monitor the industry for new advancements in the mobile development space (vendors, open source, package managers).
- Mentor developers and establish best practices for the team.
- Work from our offices, or on-site with a client (as necessary).
- 7+ years of overall software development experience.
- Developed and deployed multiple commercial iOS or Android apps.
- Proficient with Swift, Objective-C, Java or Kotlin, and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Familiarity with common third-party iOS or Android libraries.
- Experience integrating web services and public APIs using JSON.
- Knowledge of the iOS and Android design guidelines and established UX patterns.
- Experience leading teams of developers.
- Knowledge of common code architectural patterns and anti-patterns.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
- 4-year Computer Science or Engineering degree (preferred), or equivalent experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience with AR on mobile devices.
- Experience with macOS, watchOS or tvOS development.
- Development experience using Bluetooth and BLE on mobile devices.
- Experience using Fastlane and Match.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.