Our projects are seriously fun and we need talented Project Managers to run them. We build software and hardware for superb clients like Lululemon, Enbridge and Sphero, to name just a few. As a PM at Finger Food, you’ll get the chance to work on a number of exciting projects that cover the realms of Augmented and Virtual Reality, and a range of custom-made web and mobile applications.
You’ll be expected to navigate each project through the entire development cycle- tracking and communicating priorities and deadlines and managing all resource allocation. You will be a major contributor, and accountable for projects that drive the whole success of the company.
We’ll expect you to already have a serious understanding of how mixed reality, mobile and web software works. You‘ll be a solid team motivator and know how to consistently execute against your objectives – within budget and time constraints, of course!
- Partner with the Project Technical Director(s) to shepherd the project through the entire development process by tracking and communicating priorities, deadlines (internal and external), and resource allocation requirements.
- Manage the scope and capacity of the team throughout the project.
- Support developers by proactively removing obstacles that might otherwise hinder or distract them from their work.
- Organize, create agendas and presentations for client and stakeholder meetings.
- Lead meetings, present content, and facilitate discussion.
- Facilitate communication within the project team and among key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintains schedules, milestones, staffing requirements and all required project documentation.
- Ongoing risk management.
- Support our dedicated testing resources and interfaces with internal and external QA department(s).
- Generate and present weekly project status reports for key stakeholders.
- Track work to date and estimate to complete, ensuring projects are on track and profitable.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our delivery methodology.
- 7+ years work experience in software project management.
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for this position
- Understanding of software development frameworks and technologies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice project management methodologies and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Professional service experience.
- Must be analytical, flexible, team-oriented.
- Good interpersonal and follow-up skills.
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office products and/or their Mac equivalents.
- Familiarity with leading project management software tools and software.
Nice to haves
- Professional project management training or certification – PMP, PMI-ACP, SCRUM.
- Keen interest or prior experience within the VR/AR/MR space.
- JIRA mastery.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.