As a QA Lead Tester, you will support current development teams working on platforms that include AR/VR, iOS, Android, and mobile web. You will be responsible for creating, executing, and maintaining test scripts to aid in the testing of applications currently in development. You will provide reports to senior management and ensure any found issues are entered into the bug database properly.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced leader capable of guiding a team to success. You should have a thorough understanding of software testing methodologies and development processes in addition to a complete understanding of the life cycle of software issues/bugs. You have the ability to identify problem areas that block your team’s progress and offer solutions to mitigate them before they become an issue. Qualities that lead to success in the position include a fine eye for detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the QA process.
- Take responsibility and own the project from a QA perspective.
- Develop strong and productive relationships with external development/publishing partners.
- Create the test plan, test scripts/cases for the project and alter the test plan and test cases to reflect design changes.
- Create forecasting documents with bug number estimates.
- Create QA entry and exit criteria for new builds.
- Create and maintain project metrics. This includes a QA dashboard, burn down charts, etc.
- Plan and execute the QA finaling/hardening phase.
- Determine specific project needs to help streamline the process to ensure no wasted effort.
- Identify any tools necessary for their QA team to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
- Determine any QA dependencies for the project and communicate them to the QA managers and the project team.
- Manage the QA testing team on their project to ensure the best possible testing coverage at all times.
- Identify risks to the project, team and/or process and offer solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Act as a mentor to your QA team.
- Create individual tester goals and objectives for the project and manage the testers as they move towards those goals and objectives.
- Provide feedback about the project to QA management, the development team and the Project Manager.
- Assign tasks to the project QA team based upon meeting objectives.
- Monitor and manage issue regression and assign items to testers as needed.
- Interact positively and effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organization, as well as customers, prospects and vendors.
- Provide general testing as well as 1st pass testing on all milestone deliverables.
- Provide functional, UI, sanity, smoke, regression testing.
- Prepare reports to highlight the testing results.
- Enter issues and deficiencies into the Bug Database and ensure it is up to date.
- Create end of scrum documentation and reports.
- Create the final QA approval/rejection document.
- 3+ years of QA experience with at least 1 year as a QA Lead Tester working on a project from beginning to end.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with formal education/training in QA methodologies.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience testing on iOS, Android, Windows, Web and Mobile Web platforms.
- Experience in developing and executing test plans and test scripts.
- Experience identifying problems/risks to the project, team and/or process as well as offering solutions to mitigate or avoid threats.
- A thorough understanding of software testing methodologies, development processes, and the bug life cycle with the ability to intelligently speak about them.
- Effective management of a team of tester with skills in conflict resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running.
- Ability to break down bugs into their core repeatable components.
- Is equally comfortable working within a team or working individually.
Nice to haves
- Experience testing AR/VR products.
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence.
- Programming experience.
- Active user of social media and mobile products.
- Familiarity with enterprise systems, architectures, and databases.
- Has experience with the compliance certification process on all platforms.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.