As a QA Tester, you will support current development teams working on platforms including AR/VR, iOS, Android, Windows mobile and Web tech. You will be responsible for creating, executing, and maintaining test scripts to aid in the testing of applications currently in development. You will ensure any found issues are entered into the bug database properly.
Our ideal candidate has a fine eye for detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience using JIRA and can express thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner. You should have a good understanding of software testing methodologies and a complete understanding of the life cycle of software issues/bugs.
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the QA process.
- Take responsibility and own the project from a QA perspective.
- Develop strong and productive relationships with external development/publishing partners.
- Create the test plan, test scripts/cases , entry and exit criteria for the project and alter the test plan and test cases to reflect design changes.
- Plan and execute the QA finaling/hardening phase.
- Generate QA feedback reports and related QA administrative support for the Project Manager/Development team and/or Senior Lead tester.
- Determine any QA dependencies for the project and escalate them to the QA managers and the project team.
- Should have experience in creating and maintaining automated test suites.
- Monitor and manage issue regression and assign items to testers as needed.
- Interact positively and effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organization, as well as customers, prospects and vendors.
- Provide general testing as well as 1st pass testing on all milestone deliverables.
- Provide functional, UI, sanity, smoke, network, regression testing.
- Prepare reports to highlight the testing results.
- Enter issues and deficiencies into the Bug Database and ensure it is up to date.
- Create end of scrum documentation and reports.
- 2 years of QA experience with at least 1 year working on a project from beginning to end.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with formal education/training in QA methodologies.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- 2 years experience using Appium, Selenium, Cucumber, Java, C#,JS, Python.
- Experience testing on iOS, Android, Windows, Web and Mobile Web platforms.
- Experience in developing and executing test plans and test scripts.
- Experience identifying problems/risks to the project, team and/or process as well as offering solutions to mitigate or avoid threats.
- A thorough understanding of software testing methodologies, development processes, and the bug life cycle with the ability to intelligently speak about them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running.
- Ability to break down bugs into their core repeatable components.
- Is equally comfortable working within a team or working individually.
- ISTQB certified tester.
Nice to haves
- Active user of social media and mobile products.
- Familiarity with enterprise systems, architectures, and databases.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence and TestRail.
- Has experience with the compliance certification process on all platforms.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.