As a Rendering Engineer at Finger Food Studios, you will be working on new, emerging technologies across a range of platforms, including HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality, Vive, Oculus, iOS, Android and more.
Our ideal candidate marries strong technical skills with a desire to own their work, and an eagerness to learn. You should be excited to work on both rendering and application code to build and deliver amazing AR and VR applications for a wide range of projects with differing timelines. You will work to push the limits of Hololens, ARKit and ARCore as well as support development with emerging headsets. The ability to collaborate and adjust to new technologies is essential to success. We’re looking for a engineer who has a proven track record with rendering, lighting and shaders.
- Collaborate in small teams and be comfortable working in a low supervision, high ownership environment.
- Produce multiple projects, delivering high quality, engaging experiences within allotted time-frames.
- Profile and optimize effects for a variety of platforms and hardware capabilities.
- Develop with Unity, Visual Studio, Xcode, and Android Studio.
- Contribute to the entire product life cycle, from content creation through to post-launch and tuning.
- Work closely with developers, designers, artists and QA to develop features for all aspects of the experience.
- Generate ideas and solutions for improving experience fidelity.
- 3+ years experience with rendering technology and shaders.
- Experience writing commercial code in C# and/or C++.
- Commercial experience with Unity, Unreal or other leading AAA game engines.
- Strong 3D math skills, including but not limited to: practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrix and matrix transformations, Euler angles and quaternions.
- Attention to detail and dedicated to creating quality experiences.
- Console (PlayStation 4, Xbox One) experience.
- HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality, Vive, Oculus, or Google VR experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience programming in any of the following areas: UI, physics, animation, audio.
- Experience with tools such as Visual Studio, Xcode, and Android Studio.
- Mobile game development experience.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.