As Senior Creative Director, you will combine outstanding hands-on design skills with a proven ability to make strong decisions and motivate your team to deliver remarkable work, developing effective creative concepts and problem solving approaches as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution.
As Senior Creative Director, you should not only act as a mentor for the creative employees working for you, but also work seamlessly across departments to deliver the best work possible. You will help lead the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative on AR/VR, mobile and multi-platform projects, driving teams to exceed expectations on all levels.
You will represent our Finger Food Studios culture and standards both within the company and to our clients. You are passionate about creating products that will change the way the world works, and you will collaborate with our Chief Creative Officer to ensure we are exceeding our client’s expectations.
Manage day-to-day operations of a design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved.
- Oversee and provide daily management of the creative output of your team, including guiding design direction, interaction, and methodology.
- Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and personality of the team towards the needs of our customers.
- Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools to be competitive.
- Help develop the culture and mindset of ownership and ensure they are inventive, focused, and open.
- Manage the performance and mentor the careers of your direct reports.
- Take a creative leadership role in at least one top-tier client.
- Participate in the creative role of new business pitches, proposal development, and project initiation.
- Be hands-on in the design of AR/VR, mobile and multi-platform projects.
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables.
- Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs.
- Participate in recruiting and hiring digital designers.
- Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- Establish and nurture good client working relationships.
• Participate in new business development activities.
- At least 8 years professional digital design experience.
- A diploma or degree in creative art/design or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior and intermediate digital designers.
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization.
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across disciplines.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.