As a Senior Technical Artist at Finger Food Studios, you are adept at problem-solving in the Augmented and Virtual Reality space, innovating and improving processes and pipelines, while building new experiences.
Our ideal candidate marries strong technical and creative skills with a desire to own their work, and an eagerness to learn. You should be excited to work on all aspects realizing concept to implementation, while delivering amazing AR and VR applications. You will work to push the limits of ARKit and ARCore and Hololens as well support development with emerging headsets. The ability to collaborate and adjust to new technologies is essential to success. We’re looking for a Technical Artist who has a proven track record working in a team to ship experiences.
- Realize creative visions, art and designs into AR and VR experiences.
- Collaborate in small teams to ship experiences for HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality, Vive, Oculus, iOS, Android, and more.
- Develop with Unity, Visual Studio, Xcode, and Android Studio.
- Work with tools to integrate and implement assets.
- Develop pipelines and efficiency tools for projects and teams.
- Optimize performance & improve visual quality for projects, including decimation, lighting, and shaders.
- Ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to collaborate with developers, designers, artists, and management both locally and remotely.
- 10+ years experience as a Technical Artist
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of tools such as Maya or Blender.
- Familiarity with Unity content tools and scripting.
- Experience and technical understanding of the decimation process.
- Experience doing lighting and working with shaders.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting ability.
- Intermediate scripting or programming skills for pipeline tool creation or game development.
- Modelling, texturing, rigging, animation and lighting expertise.
- Familiarity with C# or other programming languages.
- Experience with one or more of HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality, Vive, Oculus, ARKit, or ARCore.
- Photogrammetry experience.
Please submit your Portfolio, Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.