As a Senior Web Application Developer at Finger Food Studios, you will work on bleeding-edge cloud applications, experiences, infrastructure, and deployments. You love backend development or frontend development or both.
Our ideal candidate marries strong technical skills with a desire to own their work, and an eagerness to learn. You should be excited to work with different languages, technologies, and automation systems to build production solutions. The ability to collaborate and lead small teams to design, develop and deploy cloud applications is essential to success. We’re looking for a Senior Web Application Developer who has a proven track record with cloud applications and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with small teams to design, develop and deploy high quality cloud based applications.
- Interface with clients on technical solutions.
- Maintain and support products after launch.
- Setup projects to use continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively.
- Embrace new technology and be eager to learn.
- Use tools such as WebStorm, VS Code, Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Travis.
- Monitor the industry for new advancements in the cloud development space (open source, vendors, package managers).
- Mentor developers and establish best practices for the team.
- Work from our offices, or on-site with a client (as necessary).
- 7+ years of previous experience developing and deploying cloud applications using private or shared hosting systems such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proficient in Node.js and Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient in React, Angular or Vue.
- Familiarity with a variety of database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Redis.
- Knowledge of common code architectural patterns and anti-patterns.
- Understanding of the methods, processes and systems for deploying cloud applications.
- Experience with POSIX command line Linux and or OS X/BSD.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
- 4-year Computer Science or Engineering degree (preferred), or equivalent experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience leading small teams to design, develop and deploy high quality cloud based applications.
- Experience with DevOps tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, Serverless.com, etc.
- Experience with J2EE or ASP.NET.
- Experience with Monolith and Microservice architectures.
- Microsoft “MCSD: App Builder” certification.
- Experience developing and working with high transaction or throughput systems.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.