Senior Web Application Developer
Fast forward five years; you’re still sitting there, doing the same stuff with some fading tech company. It’s a reality…
By joining Finger Food now, you’re jumping into something exciting, something BIG, something to challenge you.
As a Senior Web Application Developer at Finger Food Studios, you’ll work on a superb range of projects for some major clients.
We know you kinda love back-end development, or might have a knack for creating great front-end solutions – maybe a bit of both. Either way, we’ll make sure you get to show off your full range of skills and experience. But most important for us is that you have a solid track record with cloud applications and infrastructure – that’s essential!
We’re guessing someone of your background has some strong technical skills, is keen to take ownership, and, you guessed it, ready to learn, and collaborate with a talented team.
We’re also expecting some experience with different technologies and frameworks – like React on the front end; Serverless, Spring Boot and micro-services on the back-end.
You’ll keep busy, working across different languages, technologies, and automation systems to build exciting products and solutions.
- Design, develop and deploy high quality cloud-based applications.
- Interface with awesome clients, to build high quality technical solutions.
- Manage your own time and task list efficiently.
- Obvious stuff – Use tools such as WebStorm, VS Code, Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Travis.
- Stay on top of new advancements in the cloud development space (open source, vendors, package managers).
- Mentor developers and establish best practices for the team.
- Work on-site with clients or in our state of the art HQ.
- 7+ years of previous experience developing and deploying cloud applications using private or shared hosting systems such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proficient in Node.js and Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient in React, Angular or Vue.
- Familiarity with a variety of database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Redis.
- Knowledge of common code architectural patterns and anti-patterns.
- Understanding of the methods, processes and systems for deploying cloud applications.
- Experience with POSIX command line Linux and or OS X/BSD.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
- 4-year Computer Science or Engineering degree (preferred), or equivalent experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience leading small teams to design, develop and deploy high quality cloud based applications.
- Experience with DevOps tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, Serverless.com, etc.
- Experience with J2EE or ASP.NET.
- Experience with Monolith and Microservice architectures.
- Microsoft “MCSD: App Builder” certification.
- Experience developing and working with high transaction or throughput systems.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter including your first and last name as the subject line. All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.