Senior Project Manager
Focused. Business savvy. Technology savvy. Motivated. Excellent communicator. On time. On budget.
The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for deliverables that are key to the business goals of the company. You must have a strong business sense and technical understanding of how AR/VR/MR, mobile and web software works. You also must have the skills necessary to motivate your team and execute on your objectives with budget and time constraints. Excellent communication, initiative and leadership skills are a must in order to interact with clients, partners and both technical and non-technical staff.
- Partners with the Project Technical Director(s) to shepherd the project through the entire development process by tracking and communicating priorities, deadlines (internal and external), and resource allocation
- Manages the scope and capacity of the team throughout the project
- Supports developers by proactively taking on any task or responsibility that might otherwise hinder or distract them from their work
- Organizes, creates agendas and presentations for client and stakeholder meetings
- Supports the sales process
- Leads meetings, presents content and facilitates discussion
- Maintains positive relationships with clients by anticipating and being attentive to their expectations and requirements
- Facilitates communication within the project team and among key stakeholders
- Develops and maintains schedules, milestones, staffing requirements and all required project documentation
- Ongoing risk management
- Oversees dedicated testing resources and interfaces with internal and external QA department
- Generates weekly project status reports for key stakeholders
- Tracking work to date and estimate to complete, and ensure projects are on track and profitable
- Contributes to continuous improvement of our delivery methodology
- 8+ years work experience in software project management
- Strong knowledge of software development frameworks and technologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Outstanding leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice software development processes and a desire for continuous improvement
- University degree in business, computer science or a related field
- Significant experience in a client facing collaborative environment
- Must be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office products or their Mac equivalents
- Familiarity with leading project management software tools and software
Nice to haves
- Formal project management training
- Professional project management certification – PMP, PMI-ACP, SCRUM
- Keen interest or experience within the VR / AR space
- Experience in the video game industry
- JIRA admin mastery
- Experience working in an Agile environment
All candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in the Greater Vancouver Area. Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word or PDF format along with salary expectations including only your FIRST & LAST NAME in the subject line.
We thank all applicants that apply, but we will only contact candidates that we feel are best qualified for the position.
About Finger Food
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
Finger Food is an award-winning technology innovation company specializing in designing, developing and delivering innovative solutions across multiple platforms. Our work encompasses mobile apps and games for clients like Sphero and Activision and large-scale industry transforming holographic solutions for clients including PACCAR, Lowe’s, and Cirque Du Soleil. From our local community to global corporations, we are actively changing the way people interact with and use technology for the better.